Organizing my baby registry was stressful. It was a challenge to know both what I would need and what my baby would like. Once I narrowed in on the specific items, I then had to decide on brands. Do I go with the basic and practical baby bathtub or the one with lots of bells and, probably unnecessary, whistles?
Having options is both a blessing and a curse. I've teamed up with the Baby Cubby today to share five essential items to add to your registry or holiday wish list. I wish I would have known about Baby Cubby when I was first purchasing baby items!
"The Baby Cubby is for every parent out there who has ever felt overwhelmed or discouraged about becoming a parent. [Baby Cubby finds] the best and safest baby gear and provides it to parents in a fun shopping experience where they do things like test strollers on our stroller track, price match everyday - even amazon, offer free shipping nationwide at BabyCubby.com and actively engage with parents via social media and our cubby community blog to discuss some of those hard topics of parenting."
- Stroller | I highly recommend purchasing a travel stroller system. If you are unfamiliar with what a travel system is (I didn't know prior to stroller research), please let me explain. It means that the stroller base can be used with multiple seat arrangements. I can clip in a bassinet, car seat or regular toddler seat. I LOVE my UPPAbaby Vista stroller. It's easy to fold and store and the ride is extremely smooth.
- Carrier | Phoenix is in a phase where he mostly naps in the Ergo carrier. While not ideal, If I didn't baby wear I wouldn't get anything done. I own several types of carriers, but if I could only have one I'd choose a structured style like the Ergo. Once
- Easy Grab Toys | Phoenix is obsessed with grasping onto things. Light weight toys (like the Oball Classic Rattle) are perfect for this age. And as he gets older he can use the ball for games.
- Sleep Sacks | The AAP recommends avoiding lose blankets and pillows in the crib until baby is a year old. In the meantime, sleep sacks are the perfect alternative. We stopped swaddling Phoenix at three months when he started to roll to his side. It was a good decision because shortly afterward he rolled to his stomach and hasn't stopped since!
- Soft Towels | Baby Cubby sent me a Turkish bath towel and I love it. Our towels (while soft for my use) feel rough on Phoenix's sensitive skin!
What baby items are you adding to your holiday wish list?
Baby Cubby is offering 10% off with code, ashortblonde10, until Dec 7th!
You can read a little bit more about what Baby Cubby is passionate about and why they do what they do on their about page here - http://www.babycubby.com/
This post was sponsored by Baby Cubby. Thank you for supporting the companies that help support ashortblonde!